Pelvic floor problems do not only occur after pregnancy or with ageing; they are a common issue and can appear at any age, no matter what your situation or health status.
Our team of women’s health physiotherapists actively target and address common problems and are experienced in identifying, treating and rehabilitating the following pregnancy physiotherapy treatments:
- Pelvic floor issues– we address incontinence, chronic constipation, reproductive pains and pelvic prolapses
- Pregnancy pains– we offer pregnancy massage for pelvic and back pain
- Postnatal muscle pain– including mammary issues, pelvic, back and neck pain, scar reduction and rehabilitation of perineal tears
- Perimenopause or post menopause issues– pelvic floor dysfunction, bone density, and fitness advice
- Urological/gynaecological pre-surgery and post-surgery issues– pre-surgery education and strengthening exercises, post-surgery rehabilitation and reduction of scarring
Pelvic floor muscles are responsible for more than your daily bathroom breaks; they are essential for maintaining sexual health and for general muscular posture.
Don’t suffer in silence; women’s health issues are extremely common, and it is never too late to start working on your pelvic floor muscles, whether you have symptoms or not.
For more information talk to one of our experienced women’s health physios.
Our Sydney physio clinic is conveniently located in the heart of Sydney CBD, and making a pregnancy physiotherapy appointment is as easy as dropping in to speak to us or calling us on 02 9223 3122.